Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stepping into it: a Blog for My AP Psych Class

This week I introduced a blog I created for my AP Psych class to my students. When I unveiled the site to them, they were excited! First, I think they liked the idea that I would post information related to our class that they sent me to the blog and that they could participate by posting comments themselves; second, they liked the idea that I would provide online psych links that would facilitate their quarterly "Psych in the News" assignments and that would enrich their psychology knowledge beyond the classroom. I also talked with them about creating a class "wiki" or something similar as a class assignment when we study Social Psychology after our upcoming fall break, and as they would say, they were all over that!. I can sense that this foray into web 2.0 is going to change my teaching and may motivate students to pursue the content matter beyond school hours.

No comments: